Julie Lindsay – Learning Confluence Pty Ltd
Learning Confluence Pty Ltd is the name of Julie’s consultancy company through which she travels to many parts of the world as a presenter, workshop leader and global collaboration consultant. Julie specializes in developing customized learning experiences, both online and face-to-face, for educators and students globally.
Julie is a highly effective and sought-after global education consultant and works with schools, educators, education leaders, students, organisations and higher education institutions to connect learners and promote authentic online collaboration using ubiquitous emerging technologies.
Julie is a global thought leader in online collaborative pedagogy in theory and practice. She actively leads educators around the world through carefully designed and customized learning experiences including virtual courses and live events to support global understanding for learning. She has been a keynote or distinguished speaker and presenter at international conferences including in the USA, China, Qatar, England, Germany, India, Australia, Kuwait and Bangladesh.
With Julie’s inspiration and support it is possible to embed online global collaboration into other curriculum allowing each system to achieve its goals. The value added is global citizenship skills, digital fluency and confidence to reach out beyond the ‘classroom’ and communicate and work with others.
The workshop format is a powerful way to learn as a community within your school or organisation or mixed format. It provides for an intense period of time to focus on key topics and objectives.
The webinar workshop format is online and synchronous customised to meet the needs of the organisation. Workshops can be from 1-2-hours, to 1 or more days in length. Each workshop is designed for the needs of the school or organization or conference.
To see the upcoming workshops and webinars please go to the Events Page
In person or online, Julie is adept at providing stimulating and informative presentations, keynotes and webinars to educators and leaders anywhere, anytime. Each presentation is research-based and shares extensive experience with emerging technologies and collaborative learning. Above all, each presentation shares what educators and learners are currently doing to ‘flatten’ and globalise learning – tools, curriculum design, management strategies, leadership and more.
Julie is passionate about connecting and collaborating with the world for meaningful learning experiences infused with digital technologies. As a keynote speaker she can talk about paradigm shifts in teaching and learning, teacher social change impacted by new pedagogies and share relevant current classroom examples.
Learning Confluence is about:
- Choices: Providing opportunities for inclusion into learning as the norm rather than the exception. Not to exclude learners because of misconceptions about the value of technology to support the confluence. Participation levels and self-appointed modes of immersion.
- Conversation: Local and global interactions and discussions that have meaning and relevance to learners individually and groups.
- Community: The socialisation of learning demands a community approach. It is through community establishments and with the community that individual learners can share knowledge for the benefit of all. A global synthesis of ideas is possible. This does not discount the power of the individual, however construction of new ideas and objectives is enhanced based on community learning.
- Creativity: Being creative and creating new paradigms for learning, thinking outside of the box, ignoring the box altogether.
Dan Pink talks about the transition form the Information Age to the Conceptual age where the main characters are the creator and the empathizer.
A learning confluence supports creativity and building bridges from knowledge acquisition to creating new experiences for learning.
View the presentation/video prepared for the K12 Online Conference, 2009
Upcoming speaking engagements
- May 30, 2016 – Invited Speaker – EduTech International Congress and Expo, Brisbane
- June 7, 2016 – Invited Speaker – Education Nation Conference, Sydney
- June, 2016 – Speaker and Workshop Leader – ISTE Conference 2016, Denver, USA
- September 30, 2016 – Keynote – ACCE (Australia Council for Computers in Education) Conference, Brisbane
- October 5, 2016 – Invited Spotlight – uLEARN Conference, Rotorua, New Zealand
What people say
Thank you for your passion and sharing new possibilities in learning” “exciting, informative, challenging
Julie is an inspiring leader who gives me hope for the future of education. It’s been an honour to collaborate with her on projects over the last few years, with her passion and drive to “flatten classrooms” infecting thousands of educators with the right message: Engage your students to meaningfully collaborate across borders, and their learning will take flight!
Julie is an incredible educator who is always looking for new ways to challenge herself, teachers and students. Her organization skills and never ending energy is an inspiration to those around her. She is always available for the projects’ teachers and very supportive of the global collaboration experience.
A selection of previous speaking engagements
- April 4, 2016 – Keynote – Federation University Partner Forum, Ballarat, Victoria
- February 27, 2016 – Keynote – HASS SA Conference for Humanities and Social Science Teachers, Adelaide
- November, 2015 – Keynote “Connect with China Collaborative and Global Perspectives” – Global Education Conference, Virtual
- July 15, 2015 – Keynote “Who said global collaboration was hard?” – EdTech SA Conference, Adelaide
- June, 2015 – Speaker and Workshop leader “Putting the ‘global’ into online collaboration” – ISTE Conference, Philadelphia, USA
- April, 2015 – Invited Speaker – Connected Learning Summit, Melbourne
- February, 2015 – Keynote “Student Autonomy for Flat Learning and Global Collaboration” – Oze-Live online conference, Virtual
- November, 2014 – Speaker “Flat Students – Flat Learning -Global Understanding” – The Global Education Conference, Virtual
- November, 2014 – Invited Panel Moderator for “Exploring the learning experience through cognitive science” – WISE 2014 Conference, Doha, Qatar
- October, 2014 – Invited Speaker “Beyond global connectedness – What’s next” – Teach Meet NZ, Virtual
- October, 2014 – Invited Speaker “Flat Students – Global Learning” – Connected Educator Month for Core Education New Zealand.
- September, 2014 – Speaker and Workshop Leader ACEC “Leadership for Digital Citizenship Action” and “Global Competence and Social Change” – Australian Computer Educators Conference, Adelaide
- June, 2014 – Speaker “Foster Global Competence” – ISTE Conference, Atlanta, USA
- June, 2014 – Invited Speaker “Students Crossing Global Borders”, Asia Education Foundation Conference, Sydney
- November, 2013 – Keynote “How to Go Global – Lead, Learn, League” – The Global Education Conference, Virtual
- July, 2013 – Keynote “Technology Enabled Collaboration to Build a Better World” – iEARN Conference, Doha, Qatar