Last week Flat Connections global educators gathered in a virtual meeting room with a number of interested educators and talked about how to facilitate and drive online global collaboration.
This is a very timely conversation as most schools in the world (northern hemisphere) are starting back for the new 2016-17 academic year. The webinar How to make online global collaboration work! was based on two inspirations:
- The new book by Flat Connections founder and CEO, Julie Lindsay: The Global Educator: Leveraging technology for collaborative learning and teaching.
- Knowledge and practice of Flat Connections global educators who have been implementing and managing online collaborations for many years – through Flat Connections and beyond. Shout out to Amy Jambor, Sheri Williams and Toni Olivieri-Barton.
Essential concepts shared in order to make online global collaboration work:
- Find like-minded educators – connect, communicate
- Design online collaboration to embed into the existing curriculum – PBL, interdisciplinary,
- Select tools that all participants can use
- Manage the collaboration for success
- Flat Connections Global Projects
- Become a Global Educator
- Review the slides and listen to the recording